Thursday, February 28, 2008

A coincedence

I decided to do a colour challenge In Mystical Scrapbooking which involved red, cream and black. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what to do.



The background paper I used with the lettering and pencils is because my Dad was an architect and also loved to read. The paper flower because he loved gardening and very much appreciated flowers. The music was because he played classical music. The photo shows me sitting on my dads lap.
He passed away a few years ago from cancer. Such a shock. He had chronic heart failure which was being managed. But he was admitted into hospital and I was told he had one week to live. I was beyond all emotion. My mum had already died when I was about 7. So this layout has been theraputic with a lot of tears.

Getting back to the coincidence. I had done a layout of my mum which I was not thinking about until after I had finished my Dads.


I used the flower from the same paper.

Got to think how to display them together.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow Tash that is such a beautiful LO and it matches the one of your mum so well, are they same shape/size LO's? If so I think they would look great in those black framed shadow box frames side by side on a wall.

Brenda said...

These are breathtaking Tash. Can I say I love your art, again