Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Guest Design Team Layout

Here is my first layout as a Guest Designer for Q Tea. I love their packs.

I have a few more projects with the kit. But this is my first one. I really struggle with boy layouts especially older boys. Here is a layout of Ethan dressed up in ice climbing/arctic gear.

On more of a personal note. I am having my pre op appointment soon to get ready for my surgery. I am quite nervous about it and can't wait until its all over with. I don't think I really realise day to day how much it is bringing me down. Its like walking through mud. I'm still thinking about this time last year I was pregnant again just a few months after losing a baby at 19 weeks gestation. The Doctor I went to today said that at first grief is like an elephant on your back and then eventually gets small enough to go into your pocket but it never goes away. Some days well I feel as though I am walking through mud with an elephant on my back. What a funny sight. On the other side of things I am free I do have 2 beautiful children that I am so grateful to have. I do need a kick up the butt at times.

Over my life I have had a lot of sadness. Just wish I could just get over it. Just be positive like so many people I know are.

Here is a quote that is on my mind a lot. From Margaret Atwood in the novel 'Cats Eye'.

But I began to think of time as having a shape, something you could see, like a series of liquid transparencies, one laid on top of another. You don't look back along time but down through it, like water. Sometimes this comes to the surface, sometimes nothing. Nothing goes away.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tash, I missed this post up until now (I've been away, and sick too, ugh).
You have been through so much and you just keep putting one step in front of the other, looking after your family. No one else could do any more than that.
How soon is your pre-op appointment? If you're anything like me, the anticipation, the waiting is worse than the actual event.
thinking of you Tash.

Slender Octopus said...

I love Margaret Atwood! She is great...I met her once and she signed one of my books.
As for everything else...don't be hard on yourself just go gently and be kind to yourself....putting pressure on yourself to feel this or that only makes it worse.
thinking of you.