Friday, July 27, 2007

I Miss you Mum

I put in a layout of my Mum in for the Scrap World Back to Reality Challenge. The challenge this week is called Big Brother. The layout had to include a family member or a friend with journaling.

As I tried to finish this layout I felt it could never be good enough. My mum had died when I was very young. Maybe I shouldn't have done a layout of her. Brings up emotion.

Here it is.




Another layout I had been working on is one of me walking/climbing on Mt Buffalo. I am quite scared of heights especially if I feel unsteady on my feet. My husband is a climber who works for a company called Vertigo. So going for a bushwalk with him can be a challenge for me.

Here is the layout.



I used watercolor and acrylic paint on the cardstock and Rouge De Garance papers. I had fun doing this layout but it took me ages as they all do.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Sasha I think you have done a brilliant LO of your Mum. Cannot imagine how hard it must have been for you to do. It's stunning.
And I love, love, love your vertigo LO. Just love what you've done with your watercolours and acrylics, would love to be able to do something like this myself. I have been playing around with watercolours but would be too scared to try it on a LO

Sue said...

Oh Tash - they are both beautiful LO's, the one of your mum is excellent, and I am sure she would be so proud of you.
The painted background is so fresh and vibrant - I love the colors, well done :)

Sarah said...

Oh I love your layouts darlin :P Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog,I will add yours on my links later :)

Narelle Pearce aka Sassyscrap said...

Hi Sashy,
YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED, just go to my blog for info!! Love your vertigo Layout its awesome and the LO of your MUM is just stunning, very beautiful.

Felicity said...

Tash your Mum layout is beautiful you have finished it perfectly since I saw you start it. I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you. I hadnt realised last weekend that you had actually lost your Mum. So now I understand why it had to be perfect which you have done. Great work Tash